British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly on Sunday (December 11th) defended the royal family after controversy over racism at Buckingham Palace, and the launch of a Netflix documentary series about Harry and Meghan.
Cleverly told Sky News on Sunday that he had not yet seen the documentary “Harry and Meghan”, of which the first three episodes of the “Netflix” platform have been broadcast since Thursday.
He added that he wanted to finish watching another series, “Stranger Things”, before that.
The first episodes of the documentary series for the son of Britain’s King Charles III and his American wife focused on media harassment and racial innuendo in the press and the Internet, but the rest of the series is supposed to talk about the lack of support from the “royal family”, which Harry and Meghan claim they were victims of.
Harry and Meghan left the royal family in 2020, accusing them of not providing them with sufficient support and of racism, during an interview with an American TV channel, which caused a sensation last year.
James Cleverly told Sky News there is no greater supporter of a multicultural Britain than Prince Charles. He added, “I think the attitude of the royal family towards this country reflects the modern state that we see.”
Cleverly’s comments come days before the final episodes are shown, and after a racist scandal in Buckingham recently.
And the head of an association that supports black women victims of domestic violence, Ngozi Fulani, published online at the end of November statements that were considered racist, issued by Susan Hussey, a friend of the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Hasi resigned in the wake of the controversy from her honorary duties, but the Fulani Society announced Friday that it would have to pause its activities to protect its crews after “horrific” racist insults online.